Matcha can elevate your mood and supply up to 6 hours of organic energy.
The following 3 steps are for preparing matcha for drinking. Matcha can also be used topically (for acne) and for baking and cooking.
If you would rather see a video on how to prepare matcha click here.
- Spoon 1 to 3 grams (0.5 teaspoons) into your favorite tea bowl or mug.
- Add warm water to taste, do not use boiling water. Ideal is 176 F. Or boil water and then let it sit for at least 30 seconds.
- Whisk the water with a bamboo whisk into the tea to create a frothing beverage. Need a bambook whisk? Click here. You can also use an aerolatte machine (used for frothing milk for espresso) that mixes the tea well. If you don’t have a bamboo whisk yet, use a sealable jar or water bottle…seal and shake vigorously until mixed.*
- If you whisk the matcha in a “W” direction instead of a circle if froths better.
- You can also sift the matcha first to avoid clumping. Any fine sifter will work.
*Matcha is high in beneficial essential oils so sometimes it clumps unless mixed well.